WP01 - Car body - Detail designThe main objective of WP1 is to develop the detail designs of some key elements such as HS carbody, headstock carbody section or short couple element defined in PIVOT.
- TALGO, ANN, FIDAMC and TECNALIA will focus on the design of a complete HS carbody;
- BT will concentrate on the headstock carbody section;
- CAF will work on the design of a structural cabin for a metro;
- SMO will work on the design of short couple element;
- TRV will work on the multi-functional optimization tools required to make novel topologies that will fulfil weight reductions while meeting functional constraints on acoustics and vibrations.
These designs will be carried out assuring the fulfilment of the structural and non-structural requirements identified in the technical specifications and according to the assessment methodology. The design will be completed with a weight analysis that will be used to calculate the weight reduction, base of the KPI definition. WP02 - Carbody- Manufacturing of elementary partsThe main aim of WP2 is to finish the manufacturing engineering and develop the tooling needed for the manufacturing of demonstrator. In this phase manufacturing of each subassembly of the different demonstrators will be carried out. As part of the work also the optimization tools developed in WP1 will be employed to perform numerical designs and experimentations on multi-functional car body subcomponents.
This activity is also closely related with the Workstream 1, 3 and 4 of OC (WS 1: New tooling for composite car body manufacturing, WS 3 Process automation concepts for Composite Carbody Manufacturing it is important to take into account the dimension of the component to dimension tooling and process and WS 4 Process integrating joint concepts and modular concepts for Composite Car body Manufacturing). WP03 - Carbody- Assembly of Demonstrator and TestingOne of the objectives of WP3 is the assembly of the three demonstrators developed in WP1 and WP2. To check and characterize the prototypes different quality procedures and reports will be performed.
The other objective is to assess the concepts of composites technology on carbodies, as well as the multi-functional optimization tools developed in WP1 and WP2, different testing campaign will be performed over the three demonstrators manufactured.
This WP is also related with WS 2 of OC (Car body Structural Health Monitoring Systems for Composites and for Metal-Composite Interfaces).WP04 - Carbody – KPI and Homologation activitiesWP4 looks to take special attention on KPI defined at the beginning of the Project, therefore the performances in terms of weight and manufacturability will be check in detail. In addition, homologation procedures and long-term activities along the project will be part of this WP.WP05 - Smart running gear developmentThis WP will start from the concepts developed within PIVOT project and will be developed further achieving a level of maturity that will allow the development of different technical demonstrators in the WP6 (TRL 6-7).WP06 - Evaluation of smart running gear demonstratorsIn this WP several demonstrators are foreseen to be developed, produced, tested and evaluated for the main development streams: Sensor and health monitoring functionality; Active Suspension and control technology.WP07 - Development of Running Gear ComponentsThe main objectives of this WP are: Weight reduction which will facilitate a reduction in the engineering and integration effort and generate energy savings through the whole life cycle; Lower unsprung mass to help reduce track damage, wear and vibrations to contribute to a reduction in system cost; Recommendations for validation methods for reduced noise and vibration running gear; More efficient authorisation with a reduction in cost, time and effort.WP08 - Evaluation of Running Gear ComponentsIn this WP several demonstrators are foreseen to be developed, produced, tested and evaluated for the main development streams: Noise and Vibration reduction; Optimised Materials; Virtual certification.WP09 - Brake System Design PhaseThe aim of this WP is to provide an innovative point of view in new brakes technology. The strict collaboration in this WP will lead to a new generation of brakes system able to bridge the gap between environmental aims and market needs. WP10 - Brake System Implementation PhaseWP11 - Brake System Test PhaseThe aim of this WP is to provide an innovative point of view in new brakes technology. The strict collaboration in this WP will lead to a new generation of brakes system able to bridge the gap between environmental aims and market needs.WP12 - Entrance Systems Design and TestsThis work package is mainly focused on the design phase. In addition, a collaboration with Connecta-2 project on door application profile and functional distribution framework will lead to a review of documentation.WP13 - Entrance Systems Manufacturing and testsThis work package is mainly focused on the manufacturing phase.WP14 - Entrance Systems demonstrations, tests and synthesisThis work package is mainly focused on test, demonstration and transversal activitiesWP15 - Modular Interiors FeasibilityThe Modular Interiors WP15 is split into three main parts: one for the common view, another one for interiors design and the last one for driver’s cabin.
The first 15 months are focused on pre-studies. The WP members will use the state-of-art and knowledges from PIVOT and M4R to develop a pre-project. The group will propose concepts in accordance to the objectives.
The WP is organised in two groups: one focused on interiors and the other one focused on driver cabin. The group “driver cabin” will follow the road map from PIVOT WP7 and realize the pre-feasibility studies for new concepts. The group “interiors” will define the concepts to develop and realize the pre-studies of these concepts.
The WP is organised around 4 items:
WP16 - Modular Interiors DevelopmentThe main target of WP16 is to validate by studies the main lines of the pre-project and search to respond to the needs and provide targeted solutions.
- To define the common view to build the concepts with the deliverables from PIVOT WP7 and M4R WP6, 7 and 8
- To make choices of the concepts to develop for interiors design and driver cabin
- To start the studies of final concepts
- To propose proofs of concepts for Innotrans 2020 The main objectives of the WP15 TD1.7 are:
- Valid the concepts to reduce the cost of an interiors redesign
- Valid the concepts to increase the possibilities to evolve fully or partially train interiors/driver cabin during the operating life
WP16 is organised around 2 main guidelines:
WP17 - Modular Interiors Demonstrators and Final reportThe main target of the WP17 is to demonstrate the benefits of the solutions developed during S2R TD1.7 The WP3 is organised around 2 main guidelines:
- To study the final concepts
- To prepare the prototyping of concepts for Innotrans 2022 The main objectives are:
- Valid the KPI, reduce cost and time, to design and redesign the interiors of train during the operating life
- Valid new proposals to evolve the experiences on board, fully or partially, for train interiors/driver cabin during the operating life
- Build an eco-design comparison with the existing reference with modularity as a key performance
The main objectives are:
- To valid and test the solutions with the most representative products
- To realise final prototypes of concepts for Innotrans 2022
WP18 - Eco-friendly HVAC with natural refrigerants
- Demonstrate by prototyping the benefits of new concepts to reduce cost and time to re/design interiors and to evolve the experiences on board, fully or partially, for train interiors/driver cabin during the operating life
- Write the final report of S2R TD1.7
WP19 - Dissemination, Communication and Exploitation Participant no. * Participant organisation name (Short name) Country
1 (CO) Siemens Mobility GmbH (SMO) DE
2 Patentes Talgo SL (TALGO) ES
3 Bombardier Transportation GmbH (BT) DE
4 Knorr-Bremse Systeme für Schienenfahrzeuge GmbH (KB) DE
5 Faiveley Transport Italia (FTI) IT
6 SNCF Mobilites (SNCF-M) FR
7 Deutsche Bahn AG (DB) DE
8 Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles S.A. (CAF) ES
9 Network Rail Infrastructure Limited (NR) UK
10 Comboios de Portugal EPE (CP) PT
11 Trafikverket (TRV) SE
12 Kompetenzzentrum - Das Virtuelle Fahrzeug, Forschungsgesellschaft mbH (VIF) AT
13 Aernnova Aerospace S.A.U. (ANN) ES
14 ALSTOM Transport S.A. (ALSTOM) FR
15 Fundacion para la investigacion, desarollo y aplicacion de materiales compuestos (FIDAMC) ES
16 Fundación Tecnalia Research & Innovation (Tecnalia) ES
17 Slovenske Zeleznice (SZ)* SI
*SZ are participating in PIVOT2 with no H2020 fundingWP20 - Project Management and Technical Coordination
- Push the development of eco-friendly HVAC systems with natural refrigerants to overcome the limitation of artificial refrigerants within the European Union
- Gain a margin for European HVAC-suppliers in relation to developments outside of Europe
- Reduce energy consumption of vehicles