WP01 - Project Management and Technical Coordination
WP02 - Interface with other Shift2Rail Groups and External Energy GroupsThe objective of this work package is to establish energy norms with respect to existing state of the art and future developments, energy strategic views and needs of S2R internal and external stakeholders. The energy requirements for passenger trains resulting from existing normative specifications, guidelines and other stakeholders will be analysed. This includes the results of Roll2Rail and will be carried out in order to derive a strategy and future rules for the specification of energy efficiency. Recommendations on urban train norms and regulations will also be developed.
- To ensure effective coordination of the project;
- To ensure efficient management of common consortium activities;
- To ensure effective overall administrative and financial management of the project;
- To ensure the running of a quality assurance process;
- To manage the risks and propose mitigation strategies and contingency measures if needed.
- To coordinate the technical work of the various WPs in order to keep the alignment with the overall objectives of the project and with the S2R activities;
- To solve any technical issues that may appear during the project;
- To contribute to any relevant decision at WP level on issues that may affect the achievement of the overall objectives of the project and impact S2R.
Pre-normative work will provide energy related marketing studies and eco labelling proposals. Energy efficient technologies and strategies from a whole life cycle approach will be analysed.
The goal of this work package is to achieve:
WP03 - Energy Calculation Methodology6The objective of this work package is to develop the methodology for assessing the overall energy reduction of the S2R innovations carried out within the S2R TDs. The work package will be an input to work package 4 where the assessment is carried out.
- A strategic view integrating European transport and environment policies and recommendations;
- An interface on norms & regulation inputs to CEN and CENELEC for energy matters;
- A marketing understanding on energy related questions: existing and future "business rules" to allow emergence of new low consumption solutions between energy stakeholders (industry, operators, IM, energy providers, etc.);
- A common approach on eco labelling, including inputs from European R&D projects and to support modal shift by linking eco labelling to multi-modal habit changes for global energy/CO2 savings for Europe.
Further objectives are:
WP04 - Assessment of energy improvementThe work package 4 will be able to deliver quantified energy performances of addressed TDs. The existing tools of the S2R FINE 1 participants and those developed in collaboration via S2R open calls (notably the OPEUS project) will be used to quantify improvements on energy consumption.
- To support the S2R TD leaders in all IPs in the definition of sub-level key performance indicators (KPI) of their TD with respect to energy savings;
- To supply the TD leaders with methodologies to assess the energy savings.
Further objectives are:
WP05 - Technical Assessment and integration on system level of Noise & Vibration (N&V)The purpose of this work package is to identify all N&V relevant components included in the S2R TDs and to set and follow up N&V targets for each S2R TD Leader in order to achieve an optimal result on overall system level.WP06 - Traffic noise scenarios and baseline for evaluation and monitoring noise effects of S2R innovationsThe objective of this work package is to define noise baseline and built traffic-scenarios t for pass-by as well of parking and stand still mode of trains to serve as reference for the evaluation and monitoring of noise effects at the end of the activities of the S2R CCA Work Area 5 planned in the S2R MAAP.
- Integration of results provided by the S2R TDs via work package 3;
- Translation of sublevel KPIs into the S2R energy KPI;
- Evaluation and update of the S2R energy KPI;
- Delivery of the final energy related results achieved by S2R for the four SPDs.
The objectives of this work package are:
WP07 - Interior Noise modellingThe objective of this work package is to develop methodologies for efficient and accurate predictions of interior noise, including a modular framework to handle sources, transmission paths and results from existing simulation tools. Also, the work package should assess state of the art methodologies and define validation schemes for new methodologies, in part developed by DESTINATE. WP08 - Sources and assembliesThe objective of this work package is to develop characterisation and specification methodologies for vibro-acoustic sources and train assemblies. Using these methodologies will help to improve the accuracy of prediction models developed in S2R and to standardize and to provide standardized models to favour its deployment. To obtain these methodologies it will be needed:
- The definition of different traffic scenarios (traffic mix, day/night split etc.) for the pass-by noise evaluation for each traffic segment (high speed, long-distance trains, regional and freight) for specified train-track configurations: These scenarios will be used as input parameters for N&V calculation as well to monitor and evaluate the mitigation effects compared to the state of the art on realistic conditions including their cost benefit ratios with the final phase of S2R.
- With respect to noise monitoring, typical situations of the TEN (Trans-European Transport Network) Rail Freight Corridor “A (Rotterdam-Genoa)” are suggested, to serve exemplarily as demonstrator for evaluating the different noise mitigation effects of the different technologies and their combination for a freight case. Further, a long term vision on the traffic increase and their impacts to different scenarios change will be given.
- In addition to the scenarios with moving trains, definition of typical scenarios for parked-train and stand-still modes have to be developed.
- A close cooperation with DESTINATE must be built up for collaboration on the needed input parameters for the cost benefit ratio methodology and calculations to deduce the most effective measure mixture.
WP09 - New methodologies and technologiesThe objective of the work package is to support the development of new tools for auralisation and visualisation for an efficient demonstration and selection of the best means and appropriate usage of noise control improvements. The state of the art in visualisation and auralisation techniques and applications shall be compiled. A specification of the dedicated technology requireWP10 - Dissemination, Communication and Exploitation
- To assess, improve and develop methodologies needed for the characterisation and specification of vibro-acoustic sources and train assemblies
- To validate the characterisation methodologies with measurements of sources and train assemblies
- To standardize the characterisation and specifications.