WP1 - Project Management and Technical CoordinationWP2 - Smart Planning: Feasibility StudiesSmart Planning: Feasibility Studies pursues the goal of gathering information on and assessing the feasibility of applying and extending the simulation approach developed in PLASA to a number of relevant use cases. It is split up into 3 sub areas, in which the objectives are:
WP3 - Smart Planning: Simulation tool development and case studiesSmart Planning: Simulation tool development and case studies looks to further develop some aspects of the PLASA simulation tool, and to implement case studies based on the results of WP2.WP4 - Virtual Certification: state of the art and evaluation of the benefitsVirtual Certification: state of the art and evaluation of the benefits will aim to give a synthetic overview of how a mixed virtual/experimental approach could be used within the authorization process for putting a train into service and how it can help the economic and industrial performance of the sector. The specific objectives of this WP are:
- Dealing with incomplete data
- Interplay between microscopic and macroscopic simulation
- Operational planning (intraday)
WP5 - Virtual Certification: proposal and engagement with relevant stakeholdersVirtual Certification: proposal and engagement with relevant stakeholders works towards giving recommendations on how to use simulations within the authorization process for putting a train into service and at helping to introduce in the standards and in the regulation framework of the railway rolling stock sector the possibility of using mixed virtual/experimental processes. The specific objectives of this WP are:
- To give a wide state-of-the-art on available technical and scientific methods and industrial processes when using simulations to validate a new design of a component, a sub-system or a whole system like a train, and, on the other side, to conduct a gap analysis and a barriers identification for virtual certification in the different railway technical domains.
- To quantify the potential benefits to the rail industry from the applications of virtual certification.
WP6 - Communication, dissemination and exploitation
- To coordinate the virtual certification activities led within IP1 and IP2;
- To propose generic methods and to give recommendations for practical industrial processes for virtual certification, based on results from WP4, a coordinated work with IP1 and IP2, and also discussions with approval bodies and involved stakeholders of the sector;
- To coordinate the dissemination activities towards the standardization authorities.