The technical work is structured around 5 work packages, aiming at:
- Putting a “railway semantic dictionary” at disposal of all stakeholders, with the functionalities that are necessary to fulfill the above aims and requirements.
- Creating a Conceptual Data Model (CDM) specification and formal definitions covering modelling requirements from S2R projects and external initiatives.
- Developing three use cases in order test and refine the proposed CDM solution, and to prove the applicability.
- Developing a vision and concepts for a common Rail Functional System Architecture, combining top-down and bottom-up approaches: starting from ongoing initiatives inside and outside Shift2Rail, producing successive releases of the Architecture and integrating it into Shift2Rail initiatives by triggering and carrying out a change management process.
WP01 - Management of project, coordination with other projects and IPsWP02 - Definition of common data dictionary (Semantics, Ontologies)The objectives of the work package are:
WP03 - CDM/ global system modeling specification & development
- Development of the definition of concepts and their semantic, that can be used by other dictionaries, ontologies, data repositories, applications;
- Integration of output coming from previous works or similar projects to update the dictionary.
WP04 - CDM Demonstration
- Creation of S2R-CDM (Conceptual Data Model) as a consistent federation of data railway system models, based on existing ones coming from RTM, EULYNX, railML and IFC.Rail and not only railway related ones, such as the ones from the OGC Sensor Web Enablement suite for the diagnostic data and processes and so on.
- Evolution and enrichment of CDM according to other S2R project requirements.
WP05 - Strategy for implementation of technological breakthroughs (including RCA)This WP will work on a first comprehensive architecture, mapping the technologies for the implementation of a new integrated railway system approach.
- Development of three demonstrators in order to test and refine the proposed CDM solution, and to prove the applicability to other S2R projects on which the WP3 work has been based.
- Definition of the quality indicators and consequent evaluation of the performances of concepts proposed with respect to the developed use cases.
In order to do so, we will develop a vision and concepts for a Functional Railway System Architecture
- from ongoing initiatives inside Shift2Rail
- from RCA, OCORA and other rail initiatives (e.g. IFC, RTM, …)
- from benchmark from other sectors
This WP will produce successive releases of the common Functional Railway System Architecture and will integrate it into Shift2Rail carrying out the change management process.
This structure aims at streamlining the inputs (“subjects”) from running projects and other initiatives outside Shift2Rail and analysing them. The Programme Board will approve or not the proposed subjects. LinX4Rail will provide specification requests, the projects will execute the technical impact assessment. LinX4Rail will present the technical impact assessment to the Programme Board. Based on the recommendations, the decision of an integration into the project is taken at the Programme Board level.